Google Vs Enterprise SharePoint 2013 Search

Why Enterprise Search Implementation is more sufficient at Enterprise level not google search

This article is more on thoughts.

As working on SharePoint 2013 Contextual search project. Meaning of Contextual is different in different prospective.
SharePoint Technology point of View, Contextual Meaning is Set Limit and Boundaries.
More Details: - If I search with in List, So List is my Context - system should search with in list only or if I am search with in Sub-Site, So Sub Site is my Context - system should search with in Sub site.
So this type of process is easy and where we can easily set limit and boundaries.
I have very informative article on that, which explained very nicely.

Now Story starts:-
Business says: - Contextual meaning User Context (Not User Segment): means: - What is user skill, Department, expertise, area of interest etc.
User Skill, Department, Expertise, area of Interest and lots more, these properties exists in use profile and we can access and use as input parameter for my search.

After Interval of the Story:-
We came to know, one more contextual meaning I.e. what are happening activity around the user i.e. what s (he) doing day-day basis.

Elaborate:-
What document, I am sharing with others and what people are sharing with me.
What type of conversation, I having with people and people having with me etc?


Then I thought, I should explore more on Exchange API, LYNC API, and OneDrive API etc. from where I will take the latest happening activity keyword and which will become the input for my search output.
It may consist confidential info also. I should carefully take care those also. Lots of other activity need to do for the same don’t know whether organization will allow me to take those information or not.

Now twist comes.
We are not “Google”. We are searching at Enterprise or Organizationa level.  Google is not having profile page and not having relevant keyword related user, so It take the relevancy key words from other social media and shows the result but at enterprise level we have enough data related to user. We should utilize those only.

Conclusion:-
Now the Use case exists:-
We have enough user data at the organization level which is exists in our system itself and which is exposed also in authorized environment. We should do the Proper ranking as per the weightage of the keyword and business requirement.

Please share your thought for the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment